So, for the most part, I feel like my blog is pretty oridnary. Mostly mundane, daily things everyone does. And todays post is no different. It has been a long time since I posted. hence the title, I finally have something to say, but I have been so busy I havent had any time to post. So, this is what we've been doing:
As soon as the kids got out of school we all flew down to Mexico. We took the kids to their new school to check it out & take placement exams. (Both Chloe and Logan did excellent!) We then went by our house -to-be. The kids had a blast running through it & picking their rooms out. They had already seen pictures of it, pool and all, but now they are even more excited. Traveling internationally is especially exhausting. Doing it with 4 kids was even worse, but I have to give credit to my children. They traveled better than some adults, (besides 38 trips to the lavatory)! And Logan has now decided he wants to be an airplane pilot one day.

Are we there yet?

After our whirwind trip, we got home just in time to spend a week with my sister Becca and her beautiful family who were visting from Utah. One of the days she was here, we went to Corona Del Mar (with like 3 million other people). The kids had a blast. Luke, loves the sand and the water. In fact, he would take off right for the water by himself. It was soooo cute, this teeny tiny thing crawling all by himself through the sand towards the water. Carter was in & out of the water, mostly throwing sand. Logan ran in & out of the waves with a big smile on his face. Chloe spent most of her time with Connor & Chandler swimming in the water or riding a kickboard.

Chloe & Chandler

Brothers!

All the cousins.
Every night while Becca was in town we would play baseball in the front yard. Each evening after dinner we would go out & watch the kids play until the sun set. They had so much fun. Tyler usually pitched and they took turns batting and playing catcher.


On the last day Becca was here, we celebrated Logan's birthday. The kids had a blast on this jumper/waterslide. I think they were on it from 10 to 8. Literally all day! 

Logan-blowing out the candles on pirate cupcakes!


Logan and the booty--it was a pirate party! He made out really good for a first birthday party (well, he wasn't turning 1, but this was the first party that he got to invite friends). Thank you so much to all our generous family and friends!

I tried, emphasize tried, to make pirate cupcakes. I was trying to imitate cupcakes I saw on someone else's blog, but were originally spotted on onceuponacupcake.com. Chloe said they didnt look like pirate's because they were smiling--She told me to give them mad faces!!
5 comments:
Looks like fun. The things we do for our kids...I remember once making a Blue's Clues cake for Faith and last year Chance wanted me to imitate a cake in one of his books. It was a 3 layered cake with the first layer Blue and middle one Yellow and the top layer PINK!
So much fun! It sounds like you are doing really well! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!
Wow your blog looks GREAT, and your kids wholy cow- I can't believe how DANG CUTE they are! Your daughter is beutiful and looks JUST like you!
I just spent a bunch of time reading your old posts and looking at your pics. I especially love the Kids say the darndest things posts- SO FUNNY!
Congrats again on your adventure- I know you are going to love it there! Mexico is a wonderful country, I know it can be a bit scary but its wonderful that you will have other Americans there around you!
I'll pop back in and check it out again, how sad you're leaving though! Ganna miss seeing you at Chris's house. Let's keep in touch!
Shawna
I'm glad you made it there safe! I'm excited to see more pictures of where you are living and what you are doing there!! keep us updated! You have MANY exciting things going on!!
We are going to miss you guys. Good luck in Mexico. Mackenzee had a great time at the birthday party.
Post a Comment