We actually get a wireless signal in the hospital. Who knew?!?
Why are we here you ask???
Monday evening Tyler told me his stomach was hurting. At bed time he said it was getting worse and it really hurt. I told him it was probably just food poisoning from the Subway he ate at lunch. I told him it would pass as soon as everything was out of his system. Well, even after all his dinner came up he was still in terrible pain. He couldnt lie down, he couldnt sit down. He couldnt be still. He kinda wandered around the house all night. In the morning I asked him where it hurt & he pointed directly to his right side--exactly where his appendix is (well at least exactly where my appendectomy scar is). I laughed and told him he was going to have to have his appendix taken out--in Mexico!!! He said, no way. To make a long story very short, Doctor Enrique came by for a housecall. After doing some examination stuff, the doc said it was classic, textbook appendicitis. 2 hours later Tyler was being taken into surgery. And guess what he survived.
Before surgery, several of our friends called to see who the surgeon was--apparently there are some practicing doctors who take your money, do the surgery, but dont actually remove anything. But, we were assured we had the best 2 doctors. It is all laproscopic (I hope I spelled that right) so Tyler has 3 small incisions. And the best part of all, the surgeon left us a DVD of the whole thing. So, if it really is Tyler's insides in the video, we have a great souvenier. HeeHee!
Tyler is now recovering nicely, enjoying lots of jello and tortillas! He is taking it easy and will be released from the hospital tomorrow. Thank goodness!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
I am writing this from the hospital...
Posted by
Lizzy
at
6:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We do not believe that it was acutally Tyler on the operating table, UNTIL, we see some pictures as evidence! :) And we hope he did not bring home any other Mexican bugs from the hospital! I need some of your Thankyou cookies, for my sad self! Cant wait to see ya in January.
Yikes...a video! Can't wait to check it out!!!
Awesome about the video! Glad to hear that he is okay! Hey...if you get a chance would you leave a message with Neil and Kathleen that we really want to be able to view their blog? I don't have their email or phone number. My email is faithandchance@yahoo.com
Thanks! Hope you guys have a great Christmas!
Craziness!! I am glad that it went well!!
Wow I hope all is better. What are the chances?
You guys are experiencing it all in Mexico!
Post a Comment